How did you get here?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,244
How did you get here?

More than a few threads start with, "I'm currently using xyz camera, thinking about getting into Fuji..." I was one of those not too long ago.

I'm curious what systems people were using before they got into Fuji and potentially why the switch.

I had a D600 but Nikon bought it back from me. I took the opportunity to downsize as I carry my camera in the backcountry on multiple night trips pretty often. So I got an A7 - was an early adopter. I didn't really hate it although the menus were a pain. Image quality was the same as D600, but it was compact. However, I was also looking at a lot of money for their new lenses that were coming out and some of them were not small. I was starting to feel that the Sony system was going to be out of my price range.

Fuji aesthetic/ergonomics had always attracted me starting with the Xpro1. I had always hoped for a 24Mp Xpro2 and when it arrived that's where I went. I plan to get a GFX in the next year or two for wedding work, but that's a way off for now.

Where did you come from? Trying to cover the bases below:

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
POLL
Canon or Nikon Full Frame DSLR
29.3% 54  votes
Canon or Nikon APSC DLSR
28.3% 52  votes
Sony Alpha 7X or APSC (a5xxx, a6xxx etc.)
10.3% 19  votes
Leica
1.6% 3  votes
M43
10.9% 20  votes
Started with Fuji
3.3% 6  votes
Compact - multiple brands
1.6% 3  votes
Multiple including above, still own some and the Fuji
11.4% 21  votes
Other
3.3% 6  votes
  Show results
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D600 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow