Just got a 200D

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Mitchell Forum Member • Posts: 99
Just got a 200D

I finally managed to track down somewhere on the high street that had the 200D in stock (John Lewis in Glasgow), so I could try it for size.  Long story short, I liked it and bought one!

I used to have a 100D which I generally liked but found the grip too small and a bit awkward, happily the 200D is much better - from my perspective it is the best of the Canon xxxD cameras.

Not had a chance to use it in anger yet but, from first impressions here is what is good:

- Grip (much improved)
- View finder noticeably better than typical APS-C penta-mirror designs
- Size & weight
- AF seems responsive (I seldom shoot moving subjects, so care about tracking)
- Build quality seems a touch better than other xxxD cameras
- Like the control layout, simple and easy to use

What is not so good:

- On/Off switch slightly awkward (100D better)
- Build quality and feel of some buttons possibly not quite as nice as I remember on the 100D, but OK.

Overall, it seems to be a good improvement from the 100D, I think the slight increase in size & weight are worth it for the improved grip, articulating screen and improved sensor.  I'm hoping the AF is well calibrated on this one - my old 100D tended to front focus when using VF AF.

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow