Canon 5dsr or 5d Mark IV?? Help requested, can't decide

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kim van Heuven Forum Member • Posts: 88
Canon 5dsr or 5d Mark IV?? Help requested, can't decide

Hi all,

I'm currently owning an 1dx (not mark ii) which I still enjoy very much. I also had a Sony A7R and bought a metabones adapter recently but in the end found it's not for me. I rather stay with an all Canon system. Traded in my A7R and used the money to purchase the  Canon 11-24 f4 lens.

I'm enjoying landscape shooting and want to buy a camera for that. The 1DX I will use for most of the other shots.

As probably more people, I'm debating between the 5ds r or 5d mark iv.

Of course the 5ds r has more megapixels which will be useful for my landscape shots (and portraits).

For pretty much the rest the 5d mark iv will be the better camera and newer camera I suppose. I'd like to print out some large prints from my shots.

I however believe the dynamic range is better for the 5d mark iv and also wonder if the touch screen would be useful as well?

Are there people that have used both cameras side by side particularly for landscapes and portraits? I'm very curious to know which of the 2 cameras they choose and why?

Many thanks

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 5DS R Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow