Started Aug 18, 2017 | Discussions thread
Labmom60
OP Labmom60 Contributing Member • Posts: 640
Re: Upgrade to 80d or 7d?

shuutrr wrote:

Labmom60 wrote:

Yossarian1 wrote:

Labmom60 wrote:

is the 80d or 7d a good upgrade from a T6i/750d? I understand the Rebel series, basically an entry level, but don't understand why Canon has both the EOS 60, 70, 80d series and then the 7d as an APS-C, where the 6d is FF. I'd like something better in low light. Any advice. Thank you

The 60D is an old model as are the 70D and the 7D. You might still be able to buy one somewhere but the 7D was superseded by the 7D mark II in 2014.

The current APS-C models are the 800D (which incidentally replaced your 750D), 77D, 80D and 7D MarkII.

Check out the road map here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Canon_EOS_digital_cameras

What are you shooting in low light?

Thank you for the link.

Dark rides/low light rides at Walt Disney World.

I think the 80d would be a nice upgrade. I might be better going to FF, with. 6D, 6D II, 5D, 5D II, 5D III??? I see that the 6D II is out, don't know how much of an upgrade it is from the 6D? I do like the crop lenses I have.

Keep in mind that in order to really benefit from a FF body you will need FF, fast glass. Each copy of "that glass" costs as much or more than the body. It is an entirely major step into the "photography as a hobby world". I have been renting the 35mm 1.4L II for my 6D because there is nothing like it IQ wise, light or no light, but, to purchase that lens new including sales tax is about 2 grand.

shuutrr

I was just looking at glass for FF, yikes!   I knew FF lens prices were higher.  Maybe I do want to stick with something like an 80d?

Labmom60's gear list:Labmom60's gear list
Nikon D7500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Rokinon 8mm F3.5 Aspherical Fisheye (HD) Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Jim
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow