D-810 How much better Than D700? Realistically not specs.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peter-D Regular Member • Posts: 200
D-810 How much better Than D700? Realistically not specs.

I've been shooting my my D-700 since it came out and its still producing great images. I love the color rendition and skin tones rendered. ISO range is good enough for most of what i shoot as I do shoot music artists in low light venues without issue when using a fast lens. 99% of those images go to the web in the groups website, Facebook etc. I can't remember missing too many shots with its AF and I've had 24"-36" poster prints made as promo's for a few bands I shoot and they look great too. Ok, My question. The D810 appears to be a great camera, no doubt and prices seem reasonable too but keeping in mind my experience and use with the D-700, can I justify the added cost? Will the artists and viewers actually notice the difference in IQ on the web? Is the file size actually that much better? My generation (practical but cheap old geezers) holds sacred the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That said, will anyone actually notice the difference other than my hard drive?

Thanks

Peter-D's gear list:Peter-D's gear list
Nikon D700
Nikon D700 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow