How often do we need to calibrate our monitors these days?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kiwigirl
kiwigirl Senior Member • Posts: 1,667
How often do we need to calibrate our monitors these days?

Whenever we see posts about problems with colors not being correct the inevitable questions arises as to whether the poster or the viewer is looking at a calibrated monitor.

Four years ago we bought a new computer built to my specs for photo and some video processing. Soon after we bought it I calibrated the monitor with a borrowed Munki. Keep getting pop-ups reminding me to do in again, but with one thing and another I never got “aroundtoit”. But to be perfectly honest I am very happy with the output on my Canon printer. I have an IPS monitor which was supposed to be good for photo processing. I calibrated it at night under electric light so that is the only time of day(night) that I do my serious editing.

I just can’t see any reason at the moment to “fiddle” with it – if it isn't broke, why should I fix it?  Or will everyone fall about laughing if I say - yes, my monitor was calibrated 4 years ago?! 

kiwigirl's gear list:kiwigirl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +9 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow