Advantages of using Mac computer?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
pseudobreccia
pseudobreccia Regular Member • Posts: 374
Re: Macs at work, Windows at home...no advantage!

Mike_PEAT wrote:

Sunshine7913 wrote:

I have Macbook Pro 15 inch and Mac Pro 2010 with custom parts but I start wonder why am I using Mac and MacOS instead of Window 10.

Well I like MacOS's stability and Mac's durability.

Since Mac and Windows use the same chips now, there's no difference! There's no more advantage, either way.

For instance I recently got a iPad Pro...I couldn't use it with my Mac because I could no longer update iTunes...because I'm stuck at 10.7.5 on my Mac Pro I could no longer update iTunes. I had to reluctantly update my MBP to Sierra only so I could actually use my iPad Pro...I HATE Sierra!

Any other advantage aspects of using Mac instead of Window in professional world?

"Other" advantage? Once you start up the software, it doesn't matter which OS is being used because it looks and operates the same on both platforms.

Personally I prefer using Windows except for ONE thing...the update method. Mac let's you update when YOU feel like it. Windows you power on or off and then it suddenly says, "updating Windows, don't shut down." Or, "got to shut down to update" right when you're about to do a presentation with it. The worst thing is when setting a window of time when these updates won't happen it limits you to a 12 hour window...you can't say, "don't update between 8am until 10pm"...I had to choose "10am-10pm" for it not to update.

Don't be silly...there is more to a computer than hardware.  The operating system is quite important too!

-- hide signature --

Steve A. Kleinheider

pseudobreccia's gear list:pseudobreccia's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow