A6500 + 100-400GM + 1.4TC ....BIF + Macro + Still life

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kev The Doc Senior Member • Posts: 1,017
A6500 + 100-400GM + 1.4TC ....BIF + Macro + Still life

Some more shots from yesterdays short blast with the new GM + TC. These certainly aren't all perfect shots and another point to note is they were shot in raw but there is no profile yet for this lens in raw converters and so things like sharpness enhancements etc. are missing from these shots.

One big surprise not mentioned in any of the photo captions is image stabilization, I was concerned the 560mm FL (840mm FF equiv fov) would make handheld shots quite difficult but was amazed how well OSS + IBIS working to keep the frame steady even at this fov.

As I'm very very familiar with the 70-300G this is my reference point for comparisons. What I've immediately noticed with the 100-400GM is the great contrast in the shots as this and the next few shots demonstrate into. Didn't quite nail focus on this one but not far off.

Nice contrast again.

And again.

A shot in this lighting would normally be much more washed out but again some nice contrast / detail retained on the wings.

Still some learning to do on these macro shots, need to start stopping down a bit more as the dof is incredibly short at this FL.

The short focus distance even with the 1.4TC on is quite amazing, in fact it seems the 1.4TC isn't extending the minimum focus distance at all

Kev The Doc's gear list:Kev The Doc's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6500 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +2 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow