Can my FZ80 do better for my birds?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
New_Raj
New_Raj Regular Member • Posts: 185
Can my FZ80 do better for my birds?

I have been following the FZ80 threads on the forum and was very impressed with some of the FZ80 photos posted by users MelRuh, Sherman_Levine and Anayv. I am currently looking for my next camera (a perpetual state, I found out) but in the meantime I picked-up an FZ80, which is a slight step-up from my DMC-ZS40 but still well short of my "dream" camera. At any rate, the FZ80 is a fun camera to use but after a couple of weeks with it, I find myself unable to get near the quality of what I have seen posted by the above mentioned forum members. Granted, I am an extreme newbie at photography but I'm not sure if there is something I am missing or should be doing to get some of the great detail I see in their shots. For example, I can never seem to get that cross-hatching of the feathers.  I am shooting in RAW mode and have played around with both shutter and aperture priority modes. The photos below were taken pretty much at the far range of the zoom, so that might have something to do with it.  The photos below have a slight amount of post-processing in FastStone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Not a bird, but still one of my backyard buddies just the same.

New_Raj's gear list:New_Raj's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow