Sony a6000 upgrade dilemma... 6d mkii or sony a7iii or a7s?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jamesdgessel New Member • Posts: 22
Sony a6000 upgrade dilemma... 6d mkii or sony a7iii or a7s?

Alright, so that title doesnt explain much. Heres my situation.

I own the sony a6000 with the two kit lenses (curse my budget) as well as a Rokinon 14mm 2.8. My wife shoots canon, and I have been very tempted to switch over to canon so I can share lenses with her. I found a killer deal on a canon 70-200 2.8 non is L series lens, so I bought it, thinking I would sell my a6000 and pick up the 6d mk ii. However, after extensive research on the mk ii, it seems that although it is full frame, the dynamic range pales in comparison to even the a6000. I love that thing, and have been very satisfied with what it has given me, however, its time for an upgrade to full frame!

My real dilemma is....switch to canon or buy metabones adapter to share lenses? I have considered waiting for the a7iii which is rumored to have some a9 specs and 4k video. 4k is not as important to me as full HD 120fps is, but is a nice feature. Have looked at the 6d mk ii, a7sii (expensive!), and a7iii, of which there are rumors it will come out in the fall.

Another question, does anyone know how the 70-200 2.8L performs on sony mirrorless with adapter? I have heard good things about a7rii with metabones etc but thats so much money...any info on lower budget setups?

I am an amateur but rising photographer, shooting lots of family portraits, senior pictures, and wedding and homecoming videos. Will be doing mostly portrait work will some landscape love for my pleasure, as well as the occasional wedding video. I'm interested and excited to see what all you forum-ers think!

Thanks a lot guys!!

jamesdgessel's gear list:jamesdgessel's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D Sony a6000 Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Sony a6000 Sony a9 Sony Alpha a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow