First couple of shots with the Laowa 7mm f2

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pocoloco Senior Member • Posts: 1,409
First couple of shots with the Laowa 7mm f2

Wanted to shoot some blue hour and even try to get some stars above the Amsterdam skyline (I know... ambitious)... but just as the fun started I thunderstorm broke and I had to run for home. Got at least a couple of images, all long exposures, to look at:

Used a 10-stopper nd + 25%  nd-grd, I believe it was f5.6. Even darkened the sky a bit in post. That is when the vignetting appeared top right, it is not visible OOC.

Same filter set applied. F16 if I remember correctly. Same post treatment.

One of the above was a bit underexposed, and I pushed it a bit in post, it shows a bot more noise. The second at f16 is just a bit less sharp. All in all, I consider both pretty good and the lens seems sharp across the frame. Both show a bit of flare in the bottom left, but that does not disturb me. I wasn't expected the nice sunburst in both!

Same filters set and post. Forgot the aperture. Think I applied just a bit to much ng grad in post.

Sun now gone, thunderstorm approaching. Same filter set and same post processing. Back to f5.6.

The lens feels solid, focusses smoothly, Aperture with clicks. It is tiny! So far, pretty darn good, nice sunburst, looks sharp to my eye.

Will be doing some more tryouts soon, weather permitting.

Kind regards.

pocoloco's gear list:pocoloco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Sony RX100 Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow