Best lens for food -- semipro level, not studio, may be for publication

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Samovar New Member • Posts: 9
Best lens for food -- semipro level, not studio, may be for publication

Hi,

I'm a journalist and writer who does a fair bit of travel. More and more, especially for pieces not going into glossy mags, I'm being asked to supply some photography, which I enjoy doing, though it's clearly not what I get paid for.

Soon, I'll be taking a new trip, and I'm likely to get work doing some gastronomy stories. I'm still gaining proficiency with my Fuji X-T10, but the only lens I have right now is the fixed 35mm F2, which I like a lot.

However, I wanted to put it to you much more knowledgable people if there might be a better lens for shooting food.

For one thing, I will be at table quite often, meaning I'd like to be able to take a photo close in front of me. Second, light conditions may often not be great, and I won't use a flash inside a restaurant. Last, I travel quite light, so am looking for a lens that is small-ish and easy to handle.

Does anything particularly come to mind that I should look into? Or do you think I'm in good shape with what I've got?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to lend some advice.

S

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow