Photo session on the beech C&C

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
OP DarrenLoc Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Photo session on the beech C&C

NikonNature wrote:

DarrenLoc wrote:

Have taken some of your advice on board and have made some changes i think they works well

Darren

Different expression but the same angle have cropped the pole. looks better i think.

The tighter crop to get rid of the bar worked wonders i think. image is not fully sharp not much i can do about that in post though

Slight crop and made the image brighter to reflect better the mode / day.

NikonNature wrote:

DarrenLoc wrote:

Hey man thanks for spending the time to help me out i really appreciate it, i agree with everything you say and they seem so simple problems now you have pointed them out.

I think thats the benefit of asking for advice!

I'm saving to pick a flash and small soft box to try and fill some of the dark spots.

I'm really enjoying it at the moment and have noted possible issues for next time.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Many Thanks

Darren

My pleasure. I recall many frustrations when I started out and sometimes when things didn't look right I could figure out why. As my member name suggests my focus was on birds and wildlife for years. When I started photographing people it was like starting all over. These forums are a great resource and I have learned a lot here. I think you are well on your way...

I'd say yes, yes, and yes. They all look better to me. More light on the face and improved crops/framing.

I am constantly learning and one lesson that echoes through my mind often is that the photographer is responsible for everything included, or excluded, from the image. In real life, human nature makes us focus our eyes on a subject and mentally minimize or disregard unimportant details - especially in our peripheral vision.

A photograph however is a static 2 dimensional image. So while you might be drawn to the subject at first glance, your eyes will eventually notice all the extraneous elements in the foreground, background, and around the edges. That's why learning to see as a photographer is such an important skill. You might even hear the expression 'check your edges'. That means before you press the shutter take a second to check for odd elements being cut off or protruding into the frame. Easy concept to understand, but takes mental training to make it a habit.

Again great advice and ill keep working on it all the time i'm enjoying it

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Best Regards

Darren

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow