So my DP2X arrived aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd.........

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
absquatulate Senior Member • Posts: 6,946
So my DP2X arrived aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnd.........

.........It's not a DP2X, it's a DP2. So initially I was a bit miffed, a DP2X was what was advertised, so that's what I expected. So I thought what the hell, lets see what's different. So when I fired it up I was greeted with the familiar sound of the arthritic lens fighting it's way out of the camera body. Focusing appeared to be the usual complaining but glacial experience I remembered, but definitely slower. I took a few pictures and checked them out in SPP v3.5.2 and 6, nice, the files look how I remember them. Then I read an old blog piece which reminded me to update the firmware. I checked and it had never been updated from V1.0. So I duly installed V1.05 and focusing is definitely improved, it still complains like it's about die, it just does it more quickly. So I took some high ISO shots and converted to mono in SPP 3.5.2, and was pleasantly surprised, no banding and it has a nice film like grain, definitely usable for certain shots, and ISO 1600 is just useable period. So I think I'll keep it, and put it down to a bit of good fortune rather than look at the glass half empty, it's funny how some things turn out.

Nikon 1 V3 Sigma DP2 Sigma DP2x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow