How Bad or Good is the 35mm f1.4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RaghavBaijal
RaghavBaijal Regular Member • Posts: 335
How Bad or Good is the 35mm f1.4?

I have recently moved from my Sony A6000 to the Fuji XT20. I have got the Fuji 16 55 f2.8 lens & love it to bits. IMO, this one lens replaces all of the Fuji F2 Prime Lenses for my use case.

Having said that, I miss a nice f1.4 prime lens for the extreme low light scenarios. I have the Sigma 30mm F1.4 C for my Sony A6000 & it has served me well. I miss having a nice f1.4 lens on the Fuji.

Since the Fuji 35mm F2 lens does not make much sense for my use case, I pretty much decided that the Fuji 35mm 1.4 is the way to go for me. But then its not perfect. It has AF issues from what I have heard.

So, my question is: Does anyone here have experience using both these lenses? Is it worth selling my whole Sony Kit (A6000 + 16 50pz + 55 210 + Sigma 30mm 1.4) for chump change & then add more money to get the Fuji 35mm 1.4 for $600? Or, should I just keep my A6000 + Sigma Lens and sell the rest instead?

I've been thinking & over thinking but just can't seem to settle onto a final decision. I even considered getting the Mitakon 35mm f0.95 II instead, for the same price, but just can't make a decision as not sure about MF.

Fujifilm X-T20 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow