Possible A6500 issues? Stabilizer Motor and button issue.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Iamadan Junior Member • Posts: 41
Possible A6500 issues? Stabilizer Motor and button issue.

Hi all,

I bought an A6500 earlier this year, and I've loved it. It's my 4th APS-C Sony, and they've all been good. This one, though, recently seems to have a couple of issues and I wondered if anyone has encountered anything similar.

1. Most concerningly, a few times while traveling a few weeks ago, the stabilizer/sensor-cleaning motor seems to have gone wonky. It would suddenly start vibrating non-stop while shooting stills (not video). In most cases, it would stop after a few seconds; in one or two cases, I eventually powered the camera down for a few seconds and that stopped it.

2. More minor, but worth asking about, one of the buttons on the five-way scroll control (the ISO button on the right) has become slightly "smooshier" than the other buttons. Perhaps it's in spec, but I'm a little concerned that the control could be going.

Has anyone seen anything similar to these issues? I'm planning to send in for warranty service, but I wanted to see if, especially the second issue, is known or may be an "as intended" thing that surprised me.

Thanks!

Dan.

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow