Image numbering on an EM-1 II

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MichaelInGC Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Image numbering on an EM-1 II

I set the menu option on my EM-1 II to change the file name from the default P... to something that seems more reasonable to me. I set the first 3 letters of the file name to OLY which is then followed by the numbering sequence. I also set the numbering to reset when the sd card is formatted. I would have liked to change the name to OLY_ so it would match all of the Canon image files I have (named IMG_) but could find no option to do that.

The file name and numbering seems to be working as expected, however I noticed when I was camping and taking a lot of various types of images (basically testing the EM-1) that the new file name worked properly when taking regular images, when doing Focus Bracketing and High Res images. However it did not work properly when doing HDR as the camera returned to the previously defined P... format. I do not know if there are special settings for naming HDR images, or if this is by design or if it is some internal bug in the EM-1 II firmware.

If there are special naming settings for HDR that I am unaware of perhaps someone could tell me. If this is a bug I would like to notify Olympus of the issue. Can anyone give me any information about this? If so, thank you.

MichaelInGC's gear list:MichaelInGC's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow