New to the m43 world - lookning for a hiking camera

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tobiasstarmose New Member • Posts: 2
New to the m43 world - lookning for a hiking camera

Hi, long time user of the site, but have never been active in the forums.

I have been doing photography since i was 14, and have been a canon user, switched to sony and now have a setup like this: A7mkII, metabones mk IV, Canon 24-105 f4, Canon 70-200 f2,8 and a Tamron 15-30 f2,8 (plus a lot of old glass).

But this is not something i wanne take on a 3 week long back country hiking trip. So i think that a small m43 camera that can compliment my phone (LG G6) on hikes would be nice.

But since i have never be much in to the m43 world i would like some advice on what to buy.

The list here is the best and most suitable deal i can find here in Denmark, and i have converted the prices to USD.

The new GX800 + 12-32 - 552 usd

The older GM1 + 12-32 - 441 usd

The GM1 + 12-32 + 25 f1,7 - 583 usd

Or the GM5 + 12-32 - 591 usd

I would like to have as simple a way of processing as possible, taking in camera jpgs, maybey with raw as backup, and if the camera could have some form of auto HDR it would be nice. I dont carry a tripod on theese trips and i mostly shoot spots as i pass them.my phone was great in this regard.

I dont shoot any video.

What wound be your pick?

That

Toby

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow