New to the m43 world - lookning for a hiking camera

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tobiasstarmose New Member • Posts: 5
New to the m43 world - lookning for a hiking camera

Hi, long time user of the site, but have never been active in the forums.

I have been doing photography since i was 14, and have been a canon user, switched to sony and now have a setup like this: A7mkII, metabones mk IV, Canon 24-105 f4, Canon 70-200 f2,8 and a Tamron 15-30 f2,8 (plus a lot of old glass).

But this is not something i wanne take on a 3 week long back country hiking trip. So i think that a small m43 camera that can compliment my phone (LG G6) on hikes would be nice.

But since i have never be much in to the m43 world i would like some advice on what to buy.

The list here is the best and most suitable deal i can find here in Denmark, and i have converted the prices to USD.

The new GX800 + 12-32 - 552 usd

The older GM1 + 12-32 - 441 usd

The GM1 + 12-32 + 25 f1,7 - 583 usd

Or the GM5 + 12-32 - 591 usd

I would like to have as simple a way of processing as possible, taking in camera jpgs, maybey with raw as backup, and if the camera could have some form of auto HDR it would be nice. I dont carry a tripod on theese trips and i mostly shoot spots as i pass them.my phone was great in this regard.

I dont shoot any video.

What wound be your pick?

That

Toby

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
NCV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow