I love the 5D MKIV

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dale Garman Contributing Member • Posts: 749
I love the 5D MKIV

I have now taken about 6k snaps with this camera. Today I took some event pictures of an adoption and as I went through them I was reminded again how good this camera is. I also have a 7D MKII and I liked that camera a lot as well. So I realize it is a subjective judgment, but it seems that the 5D MKIV is a step up in so many ways, especially in IQ. I just find it is a great all around tool. So I'm really enjoying it and now I only use the 7D MKII for a second camera mostly with a longer lens on.

So some specific things I like vs. the 7D MKII

• Image quality - it is better, and higher ISo is better, and ability to recover shadows is better - yes it's subjective but seems to be the case to me
  • Touch screen - I find this very useful when dong live view.  I had the articulating screen on a 70D but really didn't use that much, but touch I use all the time
  • 61 AF points - I find I use many of the outer ones almost everytime I turn camera on.  Really like this
  • GPS that turns itself off so it doesn't drain battery.

Some of these seem like small points, but they make the camera more usable as a tool.  And you take pictures with the whole package not some theoretical score on the sensor.  I think Canon does a great job with the whole package.  Sure I would like some things to be improved, but then that is life and why manufacturers keep bringing out new products.

Dale Garman's gear list:Dale Garman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow