Chasing waterfalls on the Multnomah-Wahkeena loop hike with the 23 f2 (10 pics)

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JakeInChicago
JakeInChicago Regular Member • Posts: 132
Chasing waterfalls on the Multnomah-Wahkeena loop hike with the 23 f2 (10 pics)

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in my previous picture post, the wife and I were visiting the Portland area last week. The day before we left for the coast, we drove over to the must-see Mulnomah-Wahkeena trails for a hike.

This was our first time in the Portland area, so I had no idea what to expect on this hike; I only brought the X-T2 and 23mm f2, no tripod (not even my favorite inconspicuous little table-top oben-100). As soon as we parked at the Wahkeena trail head and saw the first bit of falls, I immediately regretted not bringing that little oben. It all worked out in the end thanks to the handy articulating screen on the X-T2; I ended up just placing the X-T2 on the ground against some twigs for the proper angle, checked the screen, set the shutter delay and fired away.

I apologize in advance for not being familiar with the various falls we encountered, but I really couldn't explain it better than this site does right here:

Most of these are processed in On1, but I snuck some straight out of camera shots in here as well:

On1

On1

On1

On1; This is Fairy Falls, and this was the only instance where I wish I had the 16 instead.

On1 and Silver Efex; this was near the top of the trail before we started heading down to complete the loop; you can make out the smoke from forest fires that were covering the whole Portland area in the background.

On1

On1

SOOC Velvia; same waterfalls as above, different pov

SOOC Velvia; the top part of Multnomah Falls; it's hard to describe how big these falls actually are, but all falls pictured up till now are puny by comparison. Wikipedia says they're 620 ft/189m.

SOOC Velvia; nearly the whole enchilada; once again, you can see the smoke blanketing the area up at the top of the frame

Thanks for stopping by and perusing these shots. If anyone has any comments or questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.

Jake

JakeInChicago's gear list:JakeInChicago's gear list
Nikon D7100 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +6 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow