I like Adorama ... but I'm not liking this

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sybersitizen Veteran Member • Posts: 8,379
I like Adorama ... but I'm not liking this

I recently saw Adorama's offer for an HX90V with Sony's ACC-TRDCX Travel Kit (a charger and extra battery) for the price of the camera alone. An attractive deal from a company I've had good experience with, so I decided to go for it.

After I placed the order, I received an email message letting me know the camera shipped (and I received it a few days later) ... but also saying the travel kit was backordered and not available to ship. After letting a few more days pass, I sent them an email inquiry about the status. This is the meat of the email reply:

"Unfortunately, the manufacturer is not providing us with an ETA of when to expect this item. At this point, the order is open and will ship as soon as it arrives. If you wish to cancel the backordered item, let us know by replying to this email that you wish to cancel."

So, in effect, I can 'cancel' my free travel kit or just sit around wondering if it will ever appear. In the meantime, the offer is still right there on Adorama's site, luring other potential buyers with something the store cannot provide ... and with no indication that it's out of stock. You have to look at the listing for the travel kit itself in order to see a little note that it's not really in stock.

'Coming Soon' (when you look at the travel kit page by itself)

Not cool IMO. If the travel kit is not actually available to ship, it should not be part of an offer.

I'll be handling the situation on my own, but I thought others might want to be aware.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow