Sony A7rii + Sigma MC-11 + Sigma 85 1.4 ART Aperture Noise

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thamps New Member • Posts: 1
Sony A7rii + Sigma MC-11 + Sigma 85 1.4 ART Aperture Noise

Hiya All,

I am writing up this new thread to get some feedback and experience around the type of noise coming out my new Sigma 85/1.4 ART lens.

Its a bit weird where, when setting in F1.4 - the lens focusing is quite silent. But when I go to higher apertures of F3.0+ , it creates a creaking or an audible sound when getting things into focus. it feels like the lens is tearing to get into focus of sorts.

Also when i change the aperture via the dial, i can hear ring movement noise from the lens which is quite worrisome.

I then used the same lens on my Canon 6D, and no such noise issues! I tried all the settings and it didn't make any of the above type noises at all.

So the question comes is - who are what is culprit. Or is this normal among the Sigma 85mm owners using Sony system?

In both cameras, the focusing is fast and images are clean (on quick review) .

Really looking forward to hearing others experiences and to know if this is an issue over long term.

Cheers!

AJ

Canon EOS 6D Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art Sony Alpha 7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow