Photomatix and the 6DII...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ADW02 Regular Member • Posts: 122
Photomatix and the 6DII...

As of the date of this post (8/17) using Photomatix Pro 6.0 with the 6DII appears to only be possible using a roundabout method, as Photomatix apparently hasn't yet updated its program. What I've found is that using the 6DII cr2 files in PM results in purple images, so for now I've used a different way to process for HDR. I open my bracketed photos in Photoshop and convert them to TIFF files, and then PM will accept them. In PS I can then convert the resulting image into a psd. file, and everything is fine.

I've noticed, too, that On1 RAW is also having trouble along this line. I had spoken to On1 tech support recently on this, and they said everything should be just fine (except for lens adjustments) but so far that hasn't proven to be the case.

All of this will be cleared up in time, but the 6DII is still very new. At least that I can see right now, there are no in-depth instruction books that are coming for the 6DII from authors such as David Busch or Rob Sheppard. Of course, using the enclosed instruction pamphlet from Canon will allow a user to learn the basics of the camera, but books from these authors show how to get the best creative pictures using a camera's various functions.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow