Best lenses to bring on 4 week Backpack trip to Switz and Italy

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chasesfury New Member • Posts: 1
Best lenses to bring on 4 week Backpack trip to Switz and Italy

Fellow photographers I've been scouring for hours on the internet and this forum for answers. There are several threads in this forum related to  "the best lens" threads. I figured I might as well ask some questions to get some specific answers to what I'm looking for on my trip. Before I purchase any of these lenses I wanted some true real life feedback.

First a quick itinerary of the 4 week trip. Week one in the swiss alps so lots of landscape and train ride on the Glacier express from zermatt to st. moritz (and some portrait taking with the wife). Week 2 modena, cinque terra, portofino (some cityscape but mainly landscape with some potrait taking and museum.) Week 3 in tuscany wine region, ravello (mainly landscape with some portrait). week 4 rome (mainly cityscape with some portrait and museum)

Me and the wife will have backpacks only 45L to 55L backpacks for the entire trip so weight is somewhat of a concern. We will be in hotels along the way, so the day adventures I plan on having a daypack. I plan on bringing my A7Rii camera that I just received as a gift and now I need to pick out lenses.

First question if you were to take one all around lens which one would you bring?  would the Sony 16-35mm F4 work for an all around   or just bring sony 55mm 1.8 prime lens  and be done.  If money is no option is the Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 GM the best all around?

If you were to bring two lenses which two would you take?   Or would taking just two prime lenses be a good route if so which ones?

I think bringing three might be a bit much. Kind want to stay streamlined.  If three would make the best quiver which three would you pick?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow