How good / bad the RX100 III MICs for recording concert soundtrack

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rapick
rapick Veteran Member • Posts: 4,669
How good / bad the RX100 III MICs for recording concert soundtrack

I am planning to use my RX100 III for video and audio recording of a few jazz concerts.

Typically small ensembles: a singer with one or two instruments players (piano, guitar, sax); venue will be in a not-so-large hotel lounge.

Already asked more general questions in the Video Talk Forum: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59985275

But the specific questions I am asking here is:

- Based on similar experiences with the same camera should I expect the in-camra audio recording to be adequate? (camera at around 4-5 m from the players) - Note: I won't need high quality sound - those interested to listen are encouraged to buy the concerts CDs from the artists!

- A recommendation I received is to pay attention to the audio recording level. But this doesn't seem possible with an RX100: no headphones output and just a low-high switch for recording level control. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 rapick's gear list:rapick's gear list
Samsung NX3000 Sony RX100 III Nikon D200 Nikon D700
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow