How good / bad the RX100 III MICs for recording concert soundtrack

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rapick
rapick Veteran Member • Posts: 4,978
How good / bad the RX100 III MICs for recording concert soundtrack

I am planning to use my RX100 III for video and audio recording of a few jazz concerts.

Typically small ensembles: a singer with one or two instruments players (piano, guitar, sax); venue will be in a not-so-large hotel lounge.

Already asked more general questions in the Video Talk Forum: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59985275

But the specific questions I am asking here is:

- Based on similar experiences with the same camera should I expect the in-camra audio recording to be adequate? (camera at around 4-5 m from the players) - Note: I won't need high quality sound - those interested to listen are encouraged to buy the concerts CDs from the artists!

- A recommendation I received is to pay attention to the audio recording level. But this doesn't seem possible with an RX100: no headphones output and just a low-high switch for recording level control. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 rapick's gear list:rapick's gear list
Samsung NX3000 Sony RX100 III Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +6 more
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow