GXR system

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DG13 Contributing Member • Posts: 680
GXR system

Hello all,

I presently am using a Ricoh GR II I have recently bought, and while I completely appreciate its IQ and ergonomic design, for my needs I have found the 28mm focal length somewhat restricting and consequently I find I use the 35mm 10mp crop most often.  And I also have a second camera with zoom for more telephoto needs.

I has occurred to me that I've overlooked the used GXR market and now that prices are much lower than when introduced for body and modules, I've realized a GXR with a couple of modules (most likely the M A12 adapter and a P10), a GXR could easily cover my needs. I find the modular approach fascinating and while I've been down the ILC road with m43rds, I'd much prefer to explore this if I'm going to mess with interchangeable lenses again.

One question I'm hoping you'll weigh in on is, how rugged is the GXR system.  Is durability a concern given I'll be searching used examples.  I have a bit of history with the Ricoh's starting with the old 2.5 mp RDC-5000, then the GX, GX8, GRDI, GX200, RE1 and other film compacts, and now the GR II.  I've found all to be pretty dependable and very solidly made.  So I'd expect this from the GXR.  Specifically, does the body and switchgear hold up?  Obviously part of the beauty of the modular system is that it is modular but I'd expect the framework for the modules to hopefully last.

Thanks in advance for this and any other advice and information you might add.  It will be very helpful.

DG

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Ricoh Caplio GX200 Ricoh GR II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow