X70 or X100F for travel and people photography?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bayman New Member • Posts: 15
X70 or X100F for travel and people photography?

I am looking for a compact sized mirrorless camera that will fit in my jacket pocket for primarily travel and also shoot group/single person photos well. I came down to X70 or X100F.

I know X70 has 25mm which is a wide angle lens which is great for street and scenery but when it comes to taking people, I'm assuming I'd have to crop a lot to get the view I want of the group or person.  Is this not recommended? I'm willing to give away a bit of quality but not too much for portraiture photos if scenery photos are extremely good.

For X100F, since it has 35mm, I'm assuming it could do a little better for people/portrait photograhy but still not ideal.  I do notice you can add a 50mm TCL-X100 Teleconversion lens. How does this lens compare to using the digital converter function at 50mm? Would this be my best compact option for travel and portrait?

I am aware I can also go the X-T2 route w/ the 18-55mm lens, but it looks a little too big for me for a travel camera and if I were to get anything that wouldn't fit in a jacket pocket, I might as well carry a DSLR.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Pentax X70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow