Have there been any changes to this lens produced now (2017) compared to when it was introduced in 2

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vinay Shah New Member • Posts: 2
Have there been any changes to this lens produced now (2017) compared to when it was introduced in 2

This lens was originally manufactured in Japan when it released in 2006 (2006-2008), and currently manufactured in China since 2010. I found someone who wants to sell his lens, that was manufactured in Japan (10 years old now). So, what I want to know is:

1. Have there been any changes to this lens since it was first manufactured in 2006?

2. Important things to keep in mind while checking this used lens (before purchase). How do I decide if the lens is in a good condition, tips?

3. Is it worth spending $550 for this used lens? or should I look for a brand new ($900) or mint condition ($750)?

I am an amateur photographer and my interest in this lens is for macro and portrait photography.

Any other comments and tips are highly appreciated. Thank you for your valuable time.

Vinay Shah's gear list:Vinay Shah's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow