Olympus fisheye body cap lens

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JudyN Veteran Member • Posts: 4,514
Olympus fisheye body cap lens

Slowly selling my Sony lenses and I just sold my Sony fisheye lens.  I tried a Sony A mount to m43 adapter but it didn't focus.  I rarely used the fisheye lens and didn't want to spend a lot of money, but still sometimes like to try a very wide angle.  Then I ran across the Olympus fisheye body cap lens which costs only $100!  I read reviews and decided to give it a try.  Well, I took it out for the first time on Monday and I am pleased with it.   It seems to be quite sharp.  It is not 180 degrees, but I thought I would like that better than a full 180 degrees, and so far I think I am right.

My first target is a famous barbecue restaurant in Adkins, TX.  Unfortunately, we arrived when they were closed, OK, no BBQ meal, but worse, they have a pipe fence they put up when they are closed plus an electric fence wire.  Well, I guess I understand that's for protection against theft and vandalism, but it left us kind of without any way to photograph the place.  But what about my new lens.  I leaned over the pipe fence as far as I could while still avoiding the electric fence wire and took a couple of shots with the fisheye body cap on my EM5 II.

Of course this is not straight out of the camera.  Let's see, Cleanup (bits of fence and other junk and my reflection in the window), Fisheye Hemi, Topaz, LucisArt.  This was quick work.  I'm thinking of playing with some textures.

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow