Backing up Photos while away

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Clark95 Regular Member • Posts: 477
Backing up Photos while away

I'll be away for two weeks on a photography trip, and in the past, I usually would bring my laptop (a heavy clunker) and take the days photos and back up to two external hard drives.  The laptop is now on it's way out I am trying to come up with an alternative.  I was planning buying a cheap chrome book, and just copying the files from the card reader to the external drives.  I can also view the RAW files through an app (the chromebook model is open to the Google App store).  I am not planning to edit.   Then I was thinking of getting a Surface Pro where I can hook up the drives and even review in LR if I want to... but then it was getting a bit above the budget I planned for what was intended as just a backup solution. I have an ipad, but it doesn't look like you can hook up anything to just transfer files between two external drives.  Just wanted to reach out to see if I am missing an easy solution.  I could buy more memory cards, but I prefer to backup just in case something happens to the cards or they get corrupt, and I don't want all these cards I likely won't use again.  Anyone ever in the same situation and found an easy, non expensive solution?

Thank you.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow