Greetings from the Himalayas! Newbie questions.

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Kathmandu Cat
The Kathmandu Cat New Member • Posts: 2
Greetings from the Himalayas! Newbie questions.

Hello!

I am from Kathmandu, Nepal from the foothills of the mighty Himalayan mountains. My primary hobby is guitar but of late I've been very interested in trying my hands at photography also. I'm a complete novice to the world of photography and I'm looking for beginners tips and tricks on how to start out as a hobbyist/enthusiast photographer.

Being a complete rookie I don't want to spend too much cash right away on gear. After several weeks research I came to a conclusion that Mirrorless cameras are what I like particularly those retro styled offers from Olympus and Fujifilm (Pen-F and X100F etc). But with my complete lack of knowledge in photography and funds I cannot justify owning a one thousand dollars plus camera right away. So I got an Olympus E-PL8 (no viewfinder and other limitations I know...) as my very first mirrorless ILC to learn the basics on and hopefully upgrade to better cameras as I get more and more into it. Was this a sound decision on my part taking in my context?

Now that I have the basic gear to learn on I'd like to get pointers on how to hone up some rudimentary skills with a mirrorless. Tips, tricks and beginner advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Fujifilm X100F Olympus E-PL8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow