Considering 24-70mm(F2.8) for Travel

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LoneReaction Contributing Member • Posts: 623
Considering 24-70mm(F2.8) for Travel

I started this hobby back in 2012. For the next few years I had all the time in the world to switch lenses, so I favored primes.

After my first kid in 2016, I found myself using zoom lenses more. Surprised myself by using the 16-35 (F4) lens as the only lens quite often, for daily life/travel. Sometimes the focal length and aperture is limiting. This lens was originally bought for taking work related photos (interior design).

The 24-70mm(F2.8) has a really useful focal range. But it seems massive, even longer than the 85GM. I wonder if its size is something I can get used to.

The 24-70mm(F4) isn't appealing to me because it doesn't offer much over the kit 28-70mm.

For everyday carry I favor a messenger bag with a7rii+35mm(F2.8) or 16-35mm(F4). For travel I'll be using the Peak Design backpack with the capture clip.

For those of you not used to huge lenses, how did the 24-70mm(F2.8) work out?

-- hide signature --
 LoneReaction's gear list:LoneReaction's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony Alpha NEX-5N +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow