The G85 first impressions & what Panny needs

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP caterpillar Veteran Member • Posts: 6,666
Re: The G85 first impressions & what Panny needs

_vlad wrote:

caterpillar wrote:

RickPick wrote:

Only to point out that you do have some control over the level of NR applied to Jpegs. (Raw of course is not affected - you would apply NR in your post-processing.)

The Photo Styles on all Panasonic cameras all allow for adjustment of Sharpness, Contrast, NR and Saturation. You can adjust each of the Photo Styles if you want and also create a custom one based on any adjusted style.

Thanks.

Actually, I found out about that when I was fiddling with the settings last night. I dialed it down a bit and will do more testing later. I used Custom Standard and adjusted other parameters as well. Will see how it goes.

BTW, another think I discovered and liked is setting it to shoot in black and white in Filter setting, and still get the color version of that in one shot! That is simply good! I don't have to fiddle with settings and take 2 separate shots! Too bad, it can't do that with RAW + jpg.

-- hide signature --

- Caterpillar
'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

Actually shooting in RAW+JPG will save your BW image together with full color RAW.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

Really? Well, I must have changed some of my settings by accident for me not to see that! Thanks! I will fiddle with it. As I said, I am new to the g85 and still trying to figure out the many options and combinations!

Thanks very much!

-- hide signature --

- Caterpillar
'Always in the process of changing, growing, and transforming.'

caterpillar's gear list:caterpillar's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +20 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow