Sigma 16-50 OS 2.8 APS-C lens for 5D Mark IV 4k?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BlueCosmo5050
BlueCosmo5050 Senior Member • Posts: 1,234
Sigma 16-50 OS 2.8 APS-C lens for 5D Mark IV 4k?

I just ordered it from B&H, I couldn't really find much information on how it performs on the 5D Mark IV for 4k.

I just needed something to go wide with the crop factor that had IS. The Sigma 18-55 didn't have IS, this lens wasn't but 369, I won't be using it for photos obviously, I only need it to resolve 8 megapixels so it's hard to imagine it not being good for what I'll be using it for but I wonder if anyonee else has one?

It will give me a field of view of 28mm to 85mm with image stabilization which will be good for video.

I could careless how the auto focus performs through the mirror as it's an APS-C lens I wouldn't use it for photos but I wonder how well it works with dual pixel AF?

I mostly use a 35mm F/2 IS prime for video on my mark IV and still will but I needed something that will give me the 28mm FOV for the Autumn Landscapes.

I couldn't find anything else that had IS and wasn't only manual focus.

Canon really made a mistake by not letting me buy their APS-C lenses for 4k because I would have just bought a Canon lens but it won't fit.

DXO Mark says it resolves 10 megapixels on the 70D so I'm thinking it should get 8 on the 5D Mark IV?

The Sigma Art 18-55 didn't resolve much more on crop cameras and the videos I've seen with it on the 5D mark IV in 4k with crop looked really good. Other than handheld videos due to no IS.

If you have one or know of any videos that were made with one and a 5D mark Iv I'd love to see it.

BlueCosmo5050's gear list:BlueCosmo5050's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +1 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow