Changing G85's aperture/ISO/shutter speed does not change lighting/brightness

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cinderblock New Member • Posts: 3
Changing G85's aperture/ISO/shutter speed does not change lighting/brightness

Hi, I just got the G85 a few days ago, and I've been playing around with the settings.

I've gone through the manual, and I've seen several videos on how to change shutter speed, aperture, etc, and it all seems self-explanatory in the videos, but when I go to modes A or S and I crank the dial, I see the numbers changing on the screen, but nothing visible is happening. From the tutorial videos I've seen, the lighting/brightness shifts drastically. However, on my G85, everything remains constant... it's just the numbers changing.

Also, I've learned that the shutter speed should be twice as high as FPS. I'm currently set to MP4 FHD 60P, so I guess that's 60 FPS? Does that mean my shutter speed has to be 125? I'm confused because all the tutorials say 30 FPS should be 1/60 shutter speed, but the numbers on my camera are whole numbers (not fractions), and they go from 60" to 4000. I have no idea what the difference between 60 inches and 4000 is... ???

Panasonic G85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow