PGA Championship w/ new a99ii - C&C welcome

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
John Photo Regular Member • Posts: 235
Re: PGA Championship w/ new a99ii - C&C welcome

sts2 wrote:

John_A_G wrote:

John Photo wrote:

Of course there are bonus points for famous golfers! No one is interested in seeing a photo of Troy Kelly except his family and friends (unless he would somehow make it into the top 10 on any given day; but alas for poor Mr. Kelly......).

On facebook there are bonus points. Not in photography and not on a sports photography sub-forum (or at least not to experienced sports photogs), A bad photo of a famous person is still a bad photo. Or, in this case - boring photos. If this were a Golf enthusiast site it would be different. It's a photography site. Hopefully you can understand the difference

I agree. I don't know anything about golf so the only thing I was thinking with the first shot was "why is this guy's shirt too large?"

I like the second shot much more.

In general: famous athletes are famous because they are good. Photos of them doing what they excel at, are pleasing. Photos of them just standing there scream "I am a fanboy so I took this picture because I was once close to this famous person"

-- hide signature --

www.barbellphotography.com

Photo was not taken at a fashion show. The photo does a nice job of capturing Jordan's half smile that tells everyone, fans and competitors alike, that "Yep, I've got this." His confidence is a significant element of his success.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow