a6000 problem (timelapse) - shifting color every shoot !! Please help !

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Sony a6000 user New Member • Posts: 1
a6000 problem (timelapse) - shifting color every shoot !! Please help !

Hello everyone!

Please help me if you have any idea..

I have a sony a6000 with the kit lens 16-50mm and I'm trying to record a timelapses of a milkyway.

I've tried several times and every time there is the same problem.

I'm using the Sony timelapse app by the way...

So, everything is set to manual (iso, white balance, shutter speed, apeture, metering mode : spot, long exposure : off, auto HDR: off, shoot in RAW). The settings for the milkyway timelapse were ISO: 1600, f 3.5, 25s, white balance :4200, with 30s in betwen every shot. Everything is great until I go to post processing..

As i scroll the image sequence I notice that EVERY SHOOT has its own color or tint, I don't know exactly how to desribe it. It's mostly visible in the darker areas, milkyway and especialy around it. One shoot has more blue tones, the very next has more pink tones. Then the next one again cooler, then the next warmer. When I stich it into a video it seems like the milkyway is constatly flickering and changing colors. There were no shifts in the lightning around me, maybe at the end when the Moon started to rise, then you can see the color shift which is normal, but that is a graduate color shift. What I am talking about is every other shoot.

I tried even setting the camera to manual mode and just shoot without the app few shoots in intervals about 30s. Again, every shoot has it's own color.

It's like the camera is set to auto white balance and changing it every shoot. But It's not.

Any idea ?

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow