Help choosing wide angle lens for a6000

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MBHockey New Member • Posts: 9
Help choosing wide angle lens for a6000

I posted this earlier in a different section but it was suggested I would have more luck here.

I am traveling to Ireland next month and plan on doing a lot of landscape photography there. I own a Sony a6000 with the kit lens (PZ 16-50) and i am looking for something a bit sharper to take nice landscape photos out there.

I like the sound of either the Sony 16/2.8 or Sony 20/2.8 pancake, but neither have any image stabilization. How much does image stabilization matter for this wide a lens? My understanding is that IS is less important as you go wider and more important in the telephoto ranges. I do not plan on shooting with a tripod. I was thinking of pairing one of these with the UWA to get real wide shots.

However, if IS is very important, then I am leaning more towards the Sony 35/1.8 paired with the UWA. This lens has IS and is by most accounts/reviews that I have read a better lens than the 16/2.8 or 20/2.8, albeit at the expense of much wider shots.

Any help is appreciated!

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow