Questions about bounce diffusers and bounce cards

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Swift One Forum Member • Posts: 53
Questions about bounce diffusers and bounce cards

I am starting to use my speedlite a lot more. Generally it has been off camera, but there have been  a few circumstances when I have used it on camera too.  I have been learning about bouncing the flash off walls and the ceiling and I am getting that figured out .  But, there are times when I have nothing to bounce off of and have been using the built in card on the flash itself as well as using a Vello universal bounce diffuser.  Honestly, I have gotten better results with bouncing a bare flash than using the diffuser without bouncing.  I may be using it wrong but, that is where I am at.

I have been looking at the DEMB flip it bounce cards.  I like the fact that they are bigger than the flash's built in bounce card.  I am thinking about purchasing one but I have a couple of questions.

1. Which style flip it do I get?

2. what are the benefits of the flip it saucer and flip it diffuser?

3. Will the flip it device(s) render better results than the Vello Diffuser?

BTW, I a using the Godox Ving 860IIN TTL LI-LON speedlite.  I recently used a Gary Fong light sphere and found it to be OK when you could bounce the light off of something but you really had to crank the power when it couldn't bounce.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow