Fujifilm X-A1 video problem

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sam1275 Junior Member • Posts: 47
Fujifilm X-A1 video problem

Hello everyone.

I have a X-A1 and I like it very much, but here's an annoying problem: when I record video in a low light scene, the video will become very dark.

There seems to be a strict limit for the auto exposure in video mode, and I cannot override it.

There seems to be no manual exposure control in video mode, even when the dial is at M position.

In a well-lit environment, everything is fine. But in a low light environment, whenever I push the video button, the live view immediately become dark as it start recording. When I say dark, I mean it's darker than my $150 cellphone bought 4 years ago.

I tried simulate the video brightness in photo, after some trying, I found the closest setting is: F 3.5, ISO 4000, 1/50 sec.

I tried a F 3.5, ISO 6400, 1/30 sec photo, and it's much better, why can't the camera do that in video mode? It's 30 fps anyway, and 6400 is not expended ISO.

I'm amazed by this camera, that I can shoot great photo at night just in auto mode, hand held, but what's happening to the video mode?

I knew it may become noisier if the settings are tuned up, but a noisy video is better than a black video, it don't have RAW video anyway.

The body FW version is 1.00, the Lens is XC 16-50 OIS, with FW 1.01.

Thank you and welcome to discuss.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow