New head or wait to get a whole new tripod?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Giovanni_1968
Giovanni_1968 Senior Member • Posts: 2,152
New head or wait to get a whole new tripod?

I own an old Manfrotto 190 with an RC head and a newer but not as sturdy Benro with a not too sturdy head, till now am using this latter one because takes less space when folded and because the head is an Arca Swiss compatible (my cameras use L-Brackets), I realized too late that a 300$ tripod-head combo is still not much more than a toy with regards to reliability and sturdiness but till now it did what it is supposed to.

I wish one day to get a tripod I can rely on for the years to come, ideally an RRS but can't now fork out over a 1K for it so I was thinking to eventually get just a head to start with and some day to get legs, a BH-40 with a screw release to sit on my Benro legs (Model 2691T with a B1head), it would need to stand a FullFrame body with nothing heavier than an 80-200 and/or a wide angle (still to come) with filters stacked on.

Thoughts, suggestions, hints?

Grazie

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - 70% GAS affected
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/
Nikon D800 - Nikon D2Xs - Fuji X-Pro1 - Fuji S5Pro - Panasonic DMC-L1 - Nikon F - Nikon F3
J.A. Michell Gyrodec - AR SP-9 - Adcom GFA-535 - JBL4311B
JN70CN - 14.14.30E 40.32.40N

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D2Xs Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow