Vertical grip on D7200

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
OP paultr Regular Member • Posts: 419
Re: Vertical grip on D7200

Satyaa wrote:

One clarification and one comment on batteries...

When I said that the buttons don't work consistently, here's what I mean. I have enabled BBF in all modes - U1 set to A and U2 set to S, with my preferred settings for each, and the regular PASM modes. The BBF button in some modes behaves differently. So, it is being influenced by some other settings. The camera's BBF button works consistently in all modes! Go figure.

-- hide signature --

'Knowledge is the only form of wealth that increases when shared' - unknown
My FZ2500 album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskQU7Thb
My D7200 album: h

S

Now that my grip has arrived I have re-read your post.  I don't understand what you are saying about the BBF.  Do you mean that the BBF button (I assume you have used AE-L AE-F) functions differently in some of the PASM modes when you attach the grip ? I have tried mine and the BBF works the same in all modes, the grip shutter button has no affect on focus when half pressed and the AE-L button on the grip always brings up AE-L in the viewfinder.

I cannot find any grip specific menu options other than the battery behaviour. Is that correct ?

paultr's gear list:paultr's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow