6d mk II part I review from imaging-resource.com

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gipper51 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,606
Re: 6d mk II part I review from imaging-resource.com

MolecularMan wrote:

As a 6d user that has defended the mkII until the dynamic range issue came out, I feel frustrated with Canon.

Unless the 6d mkII gets really cheap, I don't see it as the upgrade I hoped for. The mkII does have some great additions, but I can't see paying that kind of money and making a lateral move, if not backwards, in terms of image quality.

I feel the same way.  As it stands, I'm perfectly content with the output of my 6D.  But...I was strongly considering upgrading to the MkII when we all though it would have 5D4 image quality or possibly a tad better (ala 6D vs 5D3).

Maybe I'm asking too much, but to shell out $2K on a camera I want some tangible IQ improvement.  And the MkII just doesn't deliver the goods for me.

I am down to one lens at the moment. The lenses I am considering aren't necessarily Canon, and are offered in other mounts... so at that point I have no real reason to stay with Canon.

If Sony and especially Nikon comes out with something at a comparable cost with way more features/better sensor - it's going to be really hard to justify staying with Canon.

Can't say I blame you.  I'll be really curious to see what the D850 delivers this year.  I'm in no rush to move systems.  I can shoot with what I have for quite a few more years and be happy.  Maybe it's a good thing Canon cured my GAS for a while with this release.  I know my wife is happier because of it

-- hide signature --
 gipper51's gear list:gipper51's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Canon EOS 7D Mark II Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow