EAA AirVenture 2017, Oshkosh, WI - PLANES! (8 images)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
IorekB Regular Member • Posts: 178
EAA AirVenture 2017, Oshkosh, WI - PLANES! (8 images)

Cheers All!

Just reporting that I had an excellent time at EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh the end of July! It is such a HUGE gathering of ‘all things Aviation’ and extremely difficult to describe. 500,000+ people attended during the week, many flying in, camping (36,000!), RV-ing, etc., with more than 10,000 aircraft, vintage to cutting edge! It is just MASSIVE. I’ll leave the describing to someone else who might be more eloquent.

EAA says: "For seven days from sunrise to well past sunset, your Oshkosh day is filled with dazzling displays of aerobatics, informative programs and hands-on workshops, diverse aircraft spanning all eras of flight, concerts to keep you rockin’ into the night, and much, much more."

In addition (and most pleasing to me there is a daily afternoon airshow! This year celebrated theBomber - and boy, did they! Tuesday 7/25, Warbirds of America show included 12 (!!!) B-25s in celebration of 75th Anniversary of the Doolittle Raid and TWO FLYING B-29s (‘Doc’ and ‘FIFI’)! And if that wasn’t enough;

Warbirds of America show on Saturday included the B-1, B-2, B-52, B-29s, B-17, B-25s, with a U.S.A.F. Heritage Flight (F-35, 2 A-10s & P-51) and the U.S. Navy Blue Angels.

Suffice to say; it was an Experience!

I have put together Galleries on my SmugMug of the 5 days we attended. Please note that I separated the Panasonic Galleries for Monday, Tuesday & Thursday. Monday I used the G85 w/P/L 100-400 for the flying & GX8 for taxiway.  The rest of the week I used my GH5 for flying planes & the G85 for taxiway. (I also shot with my Canon 7D & a rented Sony A7rii during the week, particularly Firday & Sat).

Here is the link:

http://www.vgbphotos.com/EAA-AirVenture-2017-Highlights-Oshkosh-WI

B-29 - "Doc"

B-29 - CAF's "Fifi"

B-25J - CAF's "Yellow Rose"

1944 P-51D - Anthony Buechler "Petie 2nd"

USAF's A-10 'Warhogs'

USAF B

USAF F-35

P-51Ds "Swamp Fox' & "Ain't Misbehavin'"

Already making plans for next year!

Best, LH

http://www.vgbphotos.com

Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Leica 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow