Dual monitors - why such limited support

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lancslad Regular Member • Posts: 180
Dual monitors - why such limited support

One of the reasons I have stuck with LR is the support for a second monitor in the editing mode, changes are shown real time either full screen or at 1:1 on the second monitor.

I don't understand why there is not more support for this feature. I have a soft spot for ACDSee and ON1 (I have Ultimate 9 and 10.5) but am reluctant to move to ON1 Raw or 10 / 2018 (I know that ACDSee shows the image on a secondary image but not the edits) without this capability - hopefully ACDSee will surprise me tomorrow (I am currently trying Ultimate 10 in preparation for good news).

Interestingly Faststone, a free program, has this so can it be that difficult?  Also Nikon View but not NX-D - that makes no sense to me.

The ideal would be to be able to choose any ratio on the second monitor for both the raw developer and the pixel editor. I have never tried C1 (a little expensive for me) but hopefully it includes this.

I am just an enthusiastic amateur but I cannot imagine a pro or a really serious amateur not requiring this. The only reason for my interest is a mild concern about the future of Adobe so I am trying to have a backup plan.

I would be very interested to know what other software does provide this capability.

OTOH I may be blowing this way out of proportion.

All thoughts welcome.

lancslad's gear list:lancslad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Nikon D610 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow