Nikon D750 -- International version?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Nikon D750 -- International version?

I just took delivery of a new D750 from B&H Photo as a backup body for my current D750 which I will be sending to Nikon for a shutter replacement. But when I opened the box, I noticed some strange differences with some things.

• The battery charger does not plug directly into the wall with the flip-out prongs like my current charger. It came with an electrical cord with a rather large three-prong plug that definitely won't fit standard American wall outlets. This gave me much dismay until I noticed that there also was a Watson-branded Charger Power Cable with a regular two-prong plug included in the box.
  • A paper titled Nikon Warranty Service states that the camera "is guaranteed one full year service against any manufacturing defects by Nikon authorized services facilities in Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau from the date of purchase." The paper continues: "To validate the warranty service, it is required to register the Nikon product at www.nikonwarranty.com.hk within 14 days from the date of purchase of the product."
  • A rather thick, 506-page User's Manual was included in the box. I think the manual for my previous D750 was on a CD disk. Luckily, the manual is in English!

Have any of you other recent D750 purchasers experienced the same things that I did?

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Fujifilm X-A1 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +10 more
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow