Sony Video (But Not Photo) Timestamp Off By 1 Hour

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CTBMW425 New Member • Posts: 17
Sony Video (But Not Photo) Timestamp Off By 1 Hour

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Sony a6500. When importing from the a6500 to my Photos library, all photos are assigned the right timestamp. However, videos are offset by one hour. For example, if I take a photo at 1:00 PM and a video at 1:01 PM, the photo will appear as 1:00 PM in Photos, but the video will appear as 2:00 PM. This is notwithstanding the fact that the camera itself has the right timestamp for both, and the file create/modify date has the right timestamp in Finder. Photos is somehow shifting the time only on Sony videos.

I do not have this issue when importing from my iPhone, which assigns the right timestamp to both photos and videos.

I know of the feature to adjust timestamps in Photos. Other than the manual work of doing that, however, my bigger concern is that there will come a time one day where I will want to export from Photos (such as in 10 years to migrate to whatever new tool is popular) and the manually-set timestamps will be lost when exporting the original. (I also would not want to re-process a copy of the video just to ensure the right timestampe).

Any thoughts on how address this issue or futureproof any current bandaids would be greatly appreciated!

Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow