Camera Repair, Insurance Claims and Precision Camera???

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Off The Mark Contributing Member • Posts: 827
Camera Repair, Insurance Claims and Precision Camera???

Has anyone with camera insurance sent in cameras / lenses to precision camera for repair? if so, can you kind of tell me how the process went? Are there any things to be on the alert for?

Unfortunately my a6300 and my SEL1018 f/4 OSS lens took a tumble while I was using them for work, and will either need to be repaired or replaced.

I have business insurance with Allstate ($10K property coverage with a $250 deductible). But it has been difficult for me to find out whether REPAIR is covered, or just REPLACEMENT.

I am waiting for an adjuster from allstate to call me back. The thing is, I have a handful of paying jobs this week, and I would like to get my my gear repaired / replaced as soon as possible (I do have backup gear but it's only an a6000 with a manual focus Nikon mount Sigma 10-20 lens).

Anyway, any experience you have had with Precision Cameras or with having cameras and lenses repaired / replaced under insurance is greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Stay Broke... Shoot Sony!

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D750 Sony a6300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +6 more
Sony a6000 Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow