X-T20 Shooting Mode Frustrations

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bonesetter Regular Member • Posts: 113
X-T20 Shooting Mode Frustrations

After moving from a X100T to an X70 and using a flippy touchscreen for the first time, I was hooked.

Sooo useful

At 6'4" I was always having to stoop, bend, kneel to avoid a 'looking down' perspective with the X100 which the X70 solved wonderfully

I thought the X-T20 would be the best of both worlds (EVF, flippy and interchangeable lenes too), and as far as those criteria go, the cam does all of them

So, to my frustration: Switching between EVF only and screen (I don't like the eye sensor mode for the delay - I know, I'm impatient)

As I understand it these modes are switched by pressing the view mode button next to the view finder.

If screen mode is on and you want to switch to EVF only, the button needs to be pressed 3 times. You also need to wait (albeit a short time) between each press for this to happen. You can't just press the button as quickly as you can 3 times as this wont work, you'll only get to eye sensor, the in-between mode

If the cam is switched off, then this another short procedure to switch on

The X70 is super quick in this respect. Of course it's a screen only and this always comes on almost instantly as you switch on and you're ready to go

I don't see any other way to go for speed switching when you need to quickly 'get the shot?'

Am I missing something obvious? (I usually do )

Other wise, enjoying the camera immensely

bonesetter's gear list:bonesetter's gear list
Fujifilm XQ1 Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow