Problems with Fuji bodies? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
confused circle Regular Member • Posts: 367
Problems with Fuji bodies?

I'll be getting a new body in September, and if it isn't a Canon, then a complete switch will necessarily occur. Fujifilm is my top contender atm, but I'd like to get a better idea of potential pitfalls. This isn't about size or handling quirks by design, but problems in hardware or software that break a camera. This is what I'm gathering so far, and would like to know how far off I am. I tried a quick search, but nothing of a roll-up sort of thread came up.

Freezing - caused by compressed raws written to 2 cards on the XT2, bandaid is to shoot uncompressed? Unsure if there are other causes/solutions or if it affects the XT20 or X Pro 2.

Overheat indicator - while shooting video, but the bodies don't actually shut down until they're genuinely hot? Annoyance or real issue affecting recording?

Poor autofocus performances - this is quite a bit more confusing. Image review/preview prevents focus lock, turn off to fix. AF doesn't work in single shot if it's a wide angle lens stopped down & focusing at distant objects, but new firmware may have helped. A green box doesn't indicate focus lock, only the area selected by the camera to potentially be focused upon. Change settings to force it to lock focus before firing? Choosing the wrong size focus square can prevent af from functioning properly?

I think af problems affect the 2 and the 20 to varying degrees, unsure of the X-Pro 2.

Watercolor effects - too much sharpening applied? Use transformer? Don't view at 1:1? Lost on this one, though not as convoluted as the af discussion.

Slow wake from sleep - missed shots from poor response time from shutter press, can't use other button manipulations to wake the camera. Leads to freezes? Turning off/on is faster, bring spare batteries?

Falling apart - shutter releases, top plates, entire bodies coming apart? Just thought it was weird that I saw a handful of posts about the bodies coming apart. I noticed one or two advising against soft release buttons because of some flimsy plastic in the mechanism.

This isn't meant to disparage Fuji, just trying to get a good idea of where the risks lie. Fairly certain these have to be relatively rare compared to the volume of bodies sold, otherwise there'd likely be more negative chatter across social media platforms.

Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
afm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow